Roasted Asparagus with Cherry Tomatoes and Mushrooms
This is one of my easiest “go-to” side dishes in my rotation. During the spring when asparagus are in season, asparagus is usually my veggie of choice. I can’t seem to get enough. There’s virtually no pre-time to speak of, and it always tastes great, imho. Adding the cherry tomatoes and mushrooms is an easy way to “beef up” asparagus for those (weirdos) who might be tired of them.
Try this asparagus side dish as-is, but also try another version with 1 tsp lemon juice, or 1 tsp lime juice. Both are a little different in their own way.
Prep time: 5 min.
Cook time: 15 min.
- 6-7 stalks of asparagus
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 4-5 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Dash salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced/pressed
- (alternative versions: try 1 tsp lemon or lime juice)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl and toss well.
- Add the asparagus mixture to an oven safe dish and bake for 15 min. (or more to desired softness).
- Thick asparagus will take a little longer.
- Serve with practically any protein. Goes great with chicken, steak, or salmon.