Mashed Cauliflower with Garlic and Rosemary
This makes a great side dish for almost any protein. I’ve had it with pork chops, steak, and chicken. It always tastes great.
The good thing is, you can make a big batch ahead of time and just reheat what you need for the night. It refrigerates extremely well and reheats in the microwave easily. Seriously, no one will ever know you didn’t make it just now from scratch.
Prep time: 2 min.
Cook time: 10 min.
- 1 head of cauliflower, broken or cut into florets
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 rosemary sprig, minced
- 3 tbsp grass-fed butter
- 1 tbsp chicken stock/broth (optional)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to boil (2-3 in. should do it).
- Roughly break up the head of cauliflower. It doesn’t need to look pretty. It’s going to be mashed up soon.
- Place the florets in the boiling water for 6-8 min until soft but not mushy (al dente).
- While that’s boiling, get another skillet and heat about 1 tsp of olive oil on medium heat. Place 4 peeled garlic cloves in the pan and toss a few times to coat them. Roast until at least one side is nice and brown. Set aside.
- Once the cauliflower is done, take off the heat, strain in a colander, then place back in the empty pot.
- Add butter, rosemary, chicken stock (optional), salt and pepper to taste, and roasted garlic. Blend well with immersion blender (or food processor).
- A great side dish for chicken, steak, or pork chops. Enjoy!